Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I've been tagged!

So, I've been tagged by a Goldfish!


Who is your favorite author and why?

Hmmm.... I love to read, I really do. But, since kids I rarely have the chance. Here's my problem... when I pick up a good book, I just can't put it down. The kids could be running around on fire and I'm trying desperately to finish the chapter I'm on. No really, I'm serious. So, I try to read when the kids are sleeping, and most of that time I'm wanting to be asleep too. Sooooo, I've read very few books lately, and most have been by the same author. When I got put on bedrest with the twins, a good friend gave me Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Since then, I've become one of her biggest fans. I recently finished the Mark of the Lion series..... absolutely incredible! I've never had an author fill me with such emotion and fire for the Lord through her characters. I've cried through every book. She really is good!


Who was your first favorite author and why?

Louis L'Amour! My Texas History teacher in 7th (? is that when we have Tex. History?) grade made us read westerns and write book reports on them. I love Louis L'Amour! Daniel and I love to take the long drive down to the ranch when we have a good book on tape.... he's one of our favorites.


Who is your most recent addition to your favorite authors, and why?

Other than Francine Rivers? I like Karen Kingsbury too. Can you tell I like Christian fiction? I just read A Woman's High Calling by Elizabeth George... I really like her too. And, I'm doing a Bible study and our book is Soul Feast by Marjorie J. Thompson.... so far so good.

But, there is an honorable mention..... James Dobson. I have Bringing up Boys and The Strong-Willed Child by my bed and are great books! I'm passing them on to Daniel to read. He's a great author!


If someone were to ask you right now- which author would just pop into mind?

Other than Francine Rivers :) I would have to say Shel Silverstein. Have you read any of his poems? LoVe them!



Thanks Megan... this was fun.

I tag anyone who wants to share.... I'm anxious to see who joins in!

2 comments:

Lisa McSpadden said...

Ohhhh!! I LOVE Francine Rivers!!! She is such an incredible writer. Both AnnaLee and I have read Redeeming Love and the Mark of the Lion series...INCREDIBLE stuff.

brickmomma said...

I have got to get a copy of Redeeming Love. I have heard too many references to it! Were you intimidated by A Woman's High Calling? Made me feel the need to step it up! Perhaps I should re-read it!!