Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I love a Challenge

Okay, so I know my blogging stinks right now. I apologize. But, I've been feeling a little "blah" lately. Life is good, don't get me wrong. But, I've been feeling a little pukey, a little tired, a little fat. It's all for a good cause though.

So, in order to give myself a little pick-me-up, I'm going to take the Blogger Challenge! The idea is to write about your "sparklies." There is so much bad news in the world today-- tell everyone about your good news.... things that make you happy. My sis-in-law's already jumped in... and I challenge the rest of you to do it too! We all have so many wonderful blessings.... God's love shining through so many moments in our lives. Unfortunately, these moments can get overshadowed by all those negative things in life (the economy, lost jobs, illness, death). We have to let His light shine. Here are some moments that make me shine.... for I know that I am blessed.....

1. When Cal wants the light on he says, "turn the light up" (which makes perfect sense).
2. Patti's prayer is almost always the same.... she says it in the sweetest and shyest voice..... "Dear God, thank you for this day, for my friends, for Mommy, Daddy, and Grams.... and for Jesus loves me... Amen."
3. We get to go to The Ranch this weekend. The kids are excited about seeing the "john deers" (Cal) and Paw Paw's turtles (Patti).
4. It's raining today.
5. Have you seen Cal and Patti try to hop on one foot?
6. There's a little miracle growing inside me.
7. I have 3 hours to myself today while the kids are at school..... hmmmm...... nap?
8. Cal loves to sneak in bed with us every morning.... he slept until 8:30 today. Oh, and he's a cuddler.... the closer his face is to yours the better.
9. There's a picture of Cal in a cowboy hat (I posted it a couple months ago).... when he sees it, he gets excited and yells "There's my boy!" Cute.
10. Patti's favorite expressions are... "Oh, it's so cuuute..... Oh, how priiitty...... Oh, I luuuub it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want pictures!!!!!!....Grams

Me said...

Thank you for sharing your sparklies. Blogger grins are the best and your post inspired several in me.