Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Another "Cal" moment

I'm impatient. I really am. I know, I know.... you'd never ever ever think this of me, but it's true. Heehee. So, lately I've been getting really irritated with the kids.... I'm tired of telling them to do something four or five (or six or seven or eight) times before they actually do it (and I usually have to threaten them with something.... no t.v., no snack, no candy, no games, etc.). Now, I give them one chance and then follow through with my threats. Today at Taekwondo, Patti wasn't getting her shoes on (Cal already had is socks and shoes on). So, I told her to get them on or I was leaving. She hesitated, so I said "bye, we're leaving" and started walking for the door. She freaked. But, she put her shoes on. Anyway, Cal was in trouble for about the millionth time today. I told him how disappointed I was and then he answered (with the saddest look in his eyes), "So, is Santa going to put me on the naughty list?" Um, yes... I've threatened to call Santa and tattle on their behavior too. Now don't shake your head at me... you know you've done it too!

6 comments:

Irma and Koby said...

I'm not gonna lie...Santa's "naughty list" has been brought up a time or two lately!!! Gotta love it!

Jenni Christian said...

Santa has even gone so far as to "drop" his list accidently on our front porch as he was checking on us. Very good motivation...

Leigh T said...

Well, no, I havn't used the Santa motivator but I will steal it and tuck it away in the mommy part of my brain for future use... thanks!

Angela Robinson said...

Jenni...that is HILARIOUS! I am SO stealing your brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

My Poor Babies!!!!....I'll just bring them to the ranch with me!
(HaHa).....Have you tried counting to 3 like I did with your siblings and you. I know exactly how you feel since you inherited you patience from me...seriously though, just leave the darlings with me and take a break for a few days........

Jenny said...

Grams, we are packing our bags! 3 days enough for you, or would you like 4... maybe 5? And, by the way you NEVER had to count for me... I was an Angel!

Jenni... love the list thing.... totally going to use it!